Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I’m Back!

Sorry it has been a crazy crazy Summer.  I am back now a ready to continue my search for Frances’ family =)  And let’s all remember that I am not very good at writing, so you have been warned again ha ha!

I am going to continue on with how important it is to write things down.  So some how Grandma Jensen remembered her Aunt Ellie’s(Frances’s Aunt who was her fathers sister) Address from when she visited her when she was really young.  It is so amazing to me that she was able to remember it!  And if you ask her to this day she still remembers it.  She told me she wrote to the address later in her life to see if she could find more information about her family.  But she never received anything back.  So when I was with Grandma trying to get some information, she wrote the names and the address down for me.

SCAN0027

So a few months later,  I had kind of forgotten about this little note.  I was researching and the 1930 census, since I could not seem to find John Ford (Frances’ Dad)  on the 1920 census at the time.  And some how (lets call it a miracle)  I happened to come across this little note from grandma with the name and address and all the sudden it all clicked…  I searched for her in the census and there Ellie was on the 1930 census living at 3161 Miller Street! censu1930adamandellieswitlik

  From this I found out her husbands name and that she had a daughter and also that her sister Catherine was living with her.  I know this may sound silly to some but I was so so excited.  I may even seem a little bit crazy when I find new people in my family line.  Anyways this was a big help.  I then decided to search for and Adam and Ellie on the 1920 census and that was how I found Frances and her father living with Aunt Ellie =)

In the 1940 Census Adam and Ellie Swietlik are also living at the 3161 Miller Street. census1940 adam and ellie switlik It was so helpful for grandma to remember that address, because then I knew I was on the right track with my research.  Hope you enjoyed!  I will try to be a little better with the updates!

 

Here is a fun picture of Great Grandma and Great Grandpa =)

franceandgordon

Love, Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment