Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Here we go!

Wow where do I start?!  This has been a really neat experience for me.  I had no idea that I would become a genealogist and I definitely didn't know I would love it so much.  My whole family history journey started with Frances.  So I thought that would be a wonderful name for my blog.  So here on starting with Frances, I will go over the sources and family links I have found along the way.  I will do it a little at a time so I don't overwhelm all of you :) Let's start with our family tree.  When I started this Grandma had just found where her Grandmother Mae Ford (Mary Dougherty) was buried.  Buried with Mae was an Esther Vandergrift,  Grandma said she knew there was an Esther in the family line but she didn't know anything about the last name Vandergrift.

MaeFordDeath1947EstherVandergriftDeath1919

So I decided to start with Frances and see what I could find about her.  Grandma gave me this family tree that Frances had filled out.

Francestreefromher

And here is is now!  Wow!  Frances had a few of the details in the wrong place but, the tree that she had filled out helped me so much!  Esther was not a Slusmon or a Dougherty and she was not born in Russia.  But she married a Dougherty and her husband's mother was a Slusmon and the Slusmon's did come from Russia.  Esther's 1st husband Robert died when he was 29.  And She was remarried and her 2nd husband was a Vandergrift.  So we found out that Mae's mother was buried with her. Having this tree from Frances helped me know I was going in the right direction.  I was so excited when a name would come up that was on her tree.

4 Generation Pedigree Chart

I do have names back to the 5th generation but I do not have all of them yet.  But I am making progress on many of them :)

I hope you all enjoyed!  Love you!

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment